2nd Data for History meeting, May 24-25 2018 in Lyon, all day on the 24th and the morning of the 25th.
I would like to remind you that the Data for History meeting overlaps with the CIDOC CRM SIG also being held at this time (May 22-25), allowing participants who wish to, to be able to attend parts of both events, as they see fit.
If you plan to come, I would suggest to book your hotel early enough since it is sometimes difficult to find a hotel room at the last minute in Lyon. And it could be cheaper too!
The location of the event will be different from the last time. It will be held in the university district near the city centre. See below for recommended hotels.
To facilitate the organisation of our next meeting, we would be grateful if you would let us know if you plan to come by filling out this form:
Université Jean-Moulin Lyon 3, Centre de la Recherche Eugène Chevreul, in the university district near the city centre.
- Address: Centre de la Recherche Eugène Chevreul - 18 rue Chevreul - 69007 Lyon
- Coordinates: 45.74934, 4.83787
- Website (in French): http://www.univ-lyon3.fr/centre-de-la-recherche-eugene-chevreul-1132215.kjsp
- Thursday 24th May 9h30-17h30: Salle de la Rotonde
- 6th floor. Take the lift at your right in the lobby then on the left when leaving.
- Friday 25th May 9h30-13h: Amphithéâtre Doucet-Bon
- 1st floor. Go upstairs and immediately right at the first level.
How to reach the meeting place
- From Lyon Part-Dieu railway station (terminus of the airport shuttle):
- by taking the metro: line B towards "Gare d'Oullins" to "Jean Macé" station (5 min), then 7 min walk (take the exit at the back of the train):
- or by taking the tramway: line T1 towards "Debourg" to "Rue de l'université" station (12 min), then 3 min walk:
- From Lyon Perrache railway station:
- on foot (15 min):
- by taking the tramway: line T1 towards "IUT Feyssine" to "Quai Claude Bernard" station (2 min), then 3 min walk:
- or tramway line T2 towards "Saint-Priest Bel air" to "Centre Berthelot" station (2 min), then 5 min walk:
- Transportation network website: http://www.tcl.fr
The two nearest and recommended hotels are:
- B&B Lyon Centre Perrache Berthelot, a brand new one - http://www.hotel-bb.com/en/hotels/lyon-centre-perrache-berthelot.htm
- Comfort suite hotel Rive gauche - http://www.comfortsuiteslyon.com/
Not that far, hotels in the second arrondissement (69002), for example:
- Hôtel du Simplon - https://www.hotel-simplon-lyon.com/
- Hôtel Vaubecour - http://www.hotelvaubecour-lyon.com/
- Hôtel des Savoies - https://www.hotel-des-savoies.fr/
- Hotelo - http://www.hotelo-lyon.com
But any hotel in Lyon or Villeurbanne city limits near a metro or tramway station could be fine.
How to reach Lyon
- By plane:
- Lyon Saint-Exupéry airport (LYS)
- Airport shuttle to city centre (to Lyon Part-Dieu railway and metro station): https://www.rhonexpress.fr/en
- By train:
- Lyon Part-Dieu station
- Lyon Perrache station (15 min walk from the meeting location and recommended hotels)